Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Contrarian Veep predictions

In countdown order, here are my predictions regarding who Obama will pick as a running mate.

    #4 Jim Webb. Longshot. I like the guy's attitude and just a few weeks ago would have bet more on him. But perhaps a bit too aggressive for Obama's taste and would cost us a Senate seat.

    #3 Chris Dodd. Hmmm. Now that I've written this, I'm questioning it, primarily because of the insurance industry ties. But I'll leave him here.

    #2 John Edwards. Two runs for Veep? Whoa! Don't count him out. And of course, he'd say yes.

    #1 Tom Daschle. When this happens, you can come and beg for an explanation.


Right weird, huh? As you go through the list, they are increasingly less likely and less talked about. My bet? Obama will be a contrarian and pick a surprise. Real doubts about what they bring in terms of the campaign. But none of them a lightweight. All capable of putting a coherent sentence together. And all are capable of being President.

No comments: